Dienstag, 15. November 2011

super moist everyday bread

I´ve come across the idea to grate apple into bread dough a few times, but couldn´t quite imagine how it would turn out. Today, I just asked my four-year old if she wanted to grate an apple into the dough, and she said yes, and then she said, no, two. Well, one big and half a medium sized apple went into the dough… and it turned out so nicely! Super moist with not exactly a fruity undertone, but there is definitely a special something in the taste…

250g wholemeal bread flour (I like to use spelt)
250g white bread flour
1-2 large apples, finely grated
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp dried fast-action yeast
4 tbsp sesame seeds

Mix flours, sesame and yeast. Mix in sugar and salt. Add the grated apple, then keep adding lukewarm water to the dough until it comes together. Allow to prove in a warm place, shape into a loaf, allow to rise again, then bake for about 40 mins at 200 degrees. Put a heatproof bowl of boiling water into the oven while baking if you want a nice crust.

Now that I´m back at making bread, I can justify the acquisition of an oven stone :-).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen