Samstag, 10. September 2011

Vegan Pledge

As I wrote before, I have been interested in veganism lately, and at the moment I am doing the Vegan Pledge for 1 month. Check out the Vegan Society's homepage for more info: http://www.vegansociety.com/veganpledge/. If you sign up for it, they will send you a host of great info material and fab recipe ideas to get you started and going. I don't know at all yet whether I will become vegan more permanently, even on a 'vegan at home, vegetarian outside' basis, but treading lighter on our planet is an ongoing concern of mine. And in this vein, I am not sure whether a vegan diet is necessarily lower impact than a vegetarian one, considering that, e.g., the soya cheese I bought was produced in the USA, and where the soy beans were produced, who knows. Reducing food miles, however, seems to me an obvious good idea!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen